Beef Flat Iron Steak Marbling Score 5+ Rangers Valley Black Market - 500g
Today we are asking you to broaden your beefy horizons with a lesser known cut of beef – the Flat Iron Steak. Prepared from the shoulder of Beef, the devastatingly underrated flat iron rates as the second most tender cut on the entire animal, beaten only by the tenderloin.
This Angus Beef Flat Iron Steak from the world's most respected premium marbled beef producers Rangers Valley, is rightfully revered by butchers and chefs which is why you don’t see it in your local butcher shop. Restaurants have been named after this cut… true story.
Rangers Valley achieve maximum marbling with specialised feed rations to ensure their cattle grow at a slow, natural rate, similar to that of a pasture fed animal. This approach delivers beef products that achieve incredibly consistent marbling scores.
Not sure what to do with Flat Iron? Don’t worry – we have compiled some simple steps on how to prepare your steak to perfection:
- Season generously with high-quality salt flakes
- You have the option to keep the piece Whole or alternatively cut in half for 2 smaller steaks;
- Using a two-zone fire with both indirect and direct heat, sear the steak over the hot side to form a crust on the outside of the steak. This will take approx. 1-2 minutes on each side
- Move the steak to the side and cook to a perfect medium rare at 55 degrees Celsius or dial it up to 60 degrees Celsius for a medium steak
- Rest your flat iron steak for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil
- Slice across the grain and finish lightly with more high-quality salt
This steak is an unbelievably tender and tasty grilling cut that you will not forget quickly. The beautiful even marbling throughout guarantees you an incredible mouth feel and soft juicy texture.
This piece feeds 2 - 3 people.