The Ultimate Fullblood Wagyu BBQ Platter Marble Score 9+ 1.2kg
Japanese barbecue, known as yakiniku and tepanyaki, involves grilling high quality ingredients on gridirons, griddles or flatiron grills tableside. The meat can be marinated or unseasoned, then dipped in ‘tare’, or dipping sauce, after grilling. The quality of the meat is paramount as Japanese barbecue brings out the natural flavour and texture of every ingredient.
Only the best cuts from selected Fullblood Wagyu Beef with a Marbling Score of 9+ have been chosen for this ULTIMATE grilling and barbecue pack, and includes a total 1.3kg of the following cuts:
- Chuck Eye Roll - located between the neck & shoulder this cut is heavily marbled, extremely tender and juicy.
- Flap Meat - also referred to as Harami or skirt, flap meat is derived from the abdominal region and has a bolder, more beefy flavour. It should be cooked a little longer or until it is well grilled on the outside but still tender on the inside.
- Rump Cap - a well balanced cut offering incredible marbling, a 'steaky' texture and well rounded beefy flavour.
- Tri Tip - derived from the rump, it exhibits one of the most prominent displays of marbling of all cuts and performs incredibly when grilled
Additional seasoning is often no more than a bit of salt, a squeeze of lemon, or a splash of “tare” (dipping sauce) after the meat has been grilled. Because the focus is on the flavour of the beef, yakiniku or teppanyaki requires high-quality ingredients as well as extra care so as not to overcook the meat.
Some key tricks to cooking your BBQ Slices:
- Whether you are cooking over a traditional charcoal grill or a flat teppan cook surface, ensure the grilling surface is very hot prior to grilling. This will avoid the meat from sticking to the metal surface.
- Make sure to grill and enjoy each piece at a time to prevent the temperature of the grill from falling. If you are cooking several pieces together, remember the order that you placed them on the grill so that none of the pieces are overcooked.
- Depending on the thickness, these marbled slices of beef will require only 5-10 seconds or up to 1-2 minutes of grilling on each side.
- Make your own dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sesame oil, & fresh garlic.
Since opening the doors of Vic's Meat we have continued and remained at the forefront of sourcing Australia’s best producers. The products used for this platter are the culmination of the finest Fullblood wagyu beef on offer in Australia, beautifully prepared by our master butchers.
Feeds 4 - 5 people.